Well, It came....the day I had been waiting for (for only 5 years)... We moved into my sister and brother-in-law's old house. While moving Brayden wanted to hide in our closet in the upstairs apartment...you can see it used to be yellow.
in order to move our stuff downstairs and move Angela upstairs...we had to be creative in flipping the rooms...some of our stuff had to go somewhere...the downstairs soon-to-be office
6 years ago, my brother-in-law turned their attic into the most adorable apartment for me and a friend of mine. I lived up there for 1 1/2 years and LOVED it!
The living room as you walk into the apartment (washer and dryer in the built-in cabinet)
the other side of the living room
the bathroom (above) and my bedroom (below)
the kitchen
He even created a little way for me to get downstairs without having to walk all the way around
My little nephew Brayden was born
and shortly thereafter (2 weeks to be exact) Ang and Titus moved out and sold it to my in-laws (future in-laws at the time) and I moved back home with my mom and dad to C Street.
Ben, Andrew and Dustin moved into the main living area and a couple of guys moved into my cute apartment. My beautiful yellow was changed to a more masculine orange/white paint job...sad day! Two years later Ben and I got married and moved upstairs into the apartment. The first thing we did was re-paint and re-carpet. oh dirty boys! I still got a little bit of my yellow back, though.
the living room
kitchen (yellow again)
our bedroom
built in dresser my brother-in-law made for me when I moved in
the office (lots of books)
bathroom
Ever since Ben's lived there, I've desperately wanted to live in the house and change it back to the cozy house I once remembered when my sister lived there. Part of this might have to do with the fact that right after I moved home with my parents, they sold the house we'd lived in for almost 10 years and had completely re-done together as a family (although I completely understand their reasoning, it was so sad to leave that house). So this is the only other home I've known.
And with great excitement, Ben and I decided it was finally the right time for us to move downstairs. We've enjoyed 2 1/2 blissful years of marriage in our cute, little, tree-house apartment. But as excited as I am, there are so many things I'm going to miss, like looking out any window and seeing trees....or stepping out our "front door" onto the back deck and seeing the bike trail.....or our cute, bright colored paint. I LOVE the bathroom up there. But, truly, I am excited. I now have a dining room and a guest bedroom/scrapbooking room. And so much more SPACE! We started packing things up on Saturday before Thanksgiving and had most of it moved downstairs Monday night. I did plenty of touch up paint upstairs and then it was time to majorly clean downstairs and repaint. As well as add a few of our own touches. I love this new space, but I will always miss our first, cozy home as newlyweds!
The almost finished product - still need a few more accessories and curtains:
living room (at Christmas)
dining room
the office (not yet repainted...Ben's picking the color)
bathroom (Ben did the molding himself)
guest bedroom/scrapbook room
our bedroom (Ben found a cool way to make a headboard...next project maybe?!?)
So there you have it...it's only taken me 6 months...but I did it! :)

No comments:
Post a Comment