Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Sleepovers & Date Nights

As a kid I loved sleepovers...until about 10pm that night when I was ready to go home or ready for the kids at my house to go home.  Brayden loves having friends spend the night and he loves spending the night at our house.  Ben and I love being with Brayden....we just don't love the sleeping arrangement.  Somehow, no matter where we sleep, I get a few feet, arms, legs and a head laying on me or slapping me on and off throughout the night.  I am also worried that Bray won't sleep well and probably sleep lighter than I normally would because of it.  Ben tells me this is what he goes through on a regular basis.  Ha!  What can I say?  Since 8th grade I've slept alone in a queen size bed....guess I just got used to spreading out.  :)

After finals in December I took Brayden on an Auntie-only date night.  I picked him up, we went to Champions Fun Center, ate pizza and played to our little hearts' content. It was a very special time to spend just the two of us.
Since then, Brayden has told me over and over, "remember that fun place we went to???  We should go there again!"  So, Ben and I decided that while I was on Spring Break we'd have Brayden spend the night.  We took him back to Champions on Friday night. On our date night, Brayden was all about playing the games...but this time, he still wanted to play a few race car games,,,

but he loved playing in the indoor "jungle gym".  There were a few kids there (a 2nd and 4th grader) and they started playing TV tag with Ben and Bray....after the kids had to leave Bray still wanted to play it.  Ben started chasing Brayden and before Ben could touch him Brayden says, "Tom and Jerry"!!!  He caught on....smart little 4 year old!  Here he is on Uncle Ben's back climbing up the net....it was really high and I got a "little" nervous.  He finally started doing it himself....let's just say my heart started racing a little faster.  But he did great!



Then we stayed up playing mouse trap.  (I loved that game as a kid...but it took soooooo long to set it all up!)  We finally went to bed...and Brayden slept GREAT!!
Saturday morning we went to see Alvin & The Chipmunks, The squeakuel and then Chipotle for lunch.  We came to our house and played for a bit.  He loved riding on Ben's long board down the hallway.

We finally took Bray home around 2pm what a fun sleepover.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment