Monday, August 3, 2009

August is finally here

I have to say, this has been one of the busiest but most fun summers I've had. It's not that Ben and I have been able to go to the lake much or travel much or anything, because we haven't....but we've made the most of the time we do have together. School has been busier than ever. For anyone working full-time, I DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT recommend taking 2 back to back 5 week summer sessions. Especially if they are accounting classes, and upper-level accounting classes, none the less. It has made for a very stressful and teary summer. Ben can atest to that. BUT, despite the stress I like to put myself under, Ben and I have been keeping very active, which as you know is a stress-reliever for me! We've been doing quite a bit of biking and swimming...it's been so much fun to spend time together and be active. And probably, in part, due to all the activities, we've been taking a weekend nap! I'm not one to take naps unless I'm exhausted...so apparently I've been needing them. Another new favorite is to bike to Juice Stop for the Crosstrainer. And although I haven't seen my fam as much as I would like this summer, we've had opportunities here and there to spend time together. Girls' day pedicures, lunches, spontaneous little play times with my nephews, birthday and anniversary dinners and even a trip up to the lake. All I can say is, I have 8 days of class left and then I'm enjoying my week off of school before the Fall semester starts up.

No comments:

Post a Comment